Our history has been one of spiritual desire since its beginning in 1877 when a group of immigrants elected seven trustees. With a donated parcel of land at the corner of Kearny and Midland Avenues, they eventually erected the Old Stone Church. On June 5, 1879, the First Presbyterian Church of Arlington was officially organized and the first pastor, Rev. George Sluter, was installed in 1882.
The growing congregation under the pastorate of Rev. William
Throughout the years, our home at 663 Kearny Avenue has had several additions and renovations: a social hall/gym, Sunday School classrooms, Heaven Cent Thrift Shop, church offices, bowling lanes & game rooms for our Presbyterian Boys and Girls Club.